Friday, November 25, 2011

A Hoosier Sunset Evokes Awe

I often grumble and wish myself miles away from my home in the Midwest--if I could just walk out my back door and stand in the shadows of a magnificent mountain range...or if I could only be lulled to sleep every night by a lazy river twisting itself through a dense, rolling forest of evergreens...if only....


Tonight's Indiana Autumn Sunset

It's in those too frequent internal (and sometimes external) griping moments when I fool myself into thinking that I could leave this state without missing the alluring beauty Indiana has surrounded me with since birth.  The truth is...I know I would miss the sights, sounds, and smells of an Indiana fall.  Her exquisite autumn sunsets still amaze me and pacify my soul.  It's moments like this when an unexpected treasure reminds me that I need to slow down, stop, and absorb more of the nows instead of the if onlys.   


In honor of my home state, here's a few more glimpses of some Indiana blessings Jake & I have come to cherish over the years. 


Another Stunning Indiana Sunset, Summer 2003


Turkey Run State Park, January 2006


Hickory Ridge Fire Tire in Hoosier National Forest, Spring 2003

Fall 2000








Southern Indiana, May 1999

McCormick's Creek State Park, January 2010

Spring Mill State Park, 1998


Hiking in Wilbur Wright State Recreational Area, Fall 2011

Hiking in a Nature Preserve Near Summit Lake State Park, 2007

McCormick's Creek State Park, Summer 2000

Summit Lake State Park, 2001

Yellowwood State Forest Hike, 2007

Southern Indiana, 1999




4 comments:

  1. Awesome article Susan you are going to be famous for your writings I know it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...thanks, Everglades! I enjoyed my Yukon River Trip blog so much that I decided to start another blog for other ventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every moment with you is a beautiful moment no matter which or what state I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the same is true for me! xoxox

    ReplyDelete